Single Herbs > Herbal Tea Sampler
Tulsi, also known as "Holy Basil," has been used by many cultures around the world for thousands of years. Described in the Vedas as the most sacred holy plant of India, it was traditionally used in religious ceremonies and ayurvedic formulas. Called "the wonder herb," it's a common ingredient in ayurvedic throat syrup to soothe the occasional cough. In Africa it was traditionally used to support the colon's natural ability to remove parasites. American colonists used tulsi to ease occasional head discomfort.
Tulsi is pungent, bitter, light, dry, and has a heating quality. It balances Kapha and Vata doshas (mind-body types), but can slightly increase the Pitta dosha. Tulsi has specific benefits for the respiratory system, or pranavaha srotas. Its heating and sharp qualities help liquefy mucus, making it beneficial for the occasional cough, the respiratory system and the body's natural response to allergens. Combined with honey, the juice works well for hiccups.
According to ayurveda, this herb:
- Promotes respiratory health, supporting the lungs and bronchial system
- Contains Vitamins A and C, and antioxidants that help fight free radicals
- Supports a healthy pulmonary system
- Helps reduce ama (toxins)
All the herbs are grown and processed in the most holistic and eco-friendly way without the use of toxic and harmful synthetic chemicals.
- Made with USDA-certified organic herbs in vegetarian capsules
- Can be used with other herbal supplements, vitamins, or natural products
- No side-effects
- No GMOs
- Cruelty free - not tested on animals